Ok, I think I’m now fully transferred over. I won’t BS you it took longer then what I expected. It’s probably because I was being a fast ass and kept making minor mistakes. But basically all I did was pull the posts/data from the database and created a XML file that kind of matched the exported WordPress version. I left out a lot of containers like the categories and tags containers, actually that was another animal in itself. I figured I would create new tags and categories once I had everything imported, hopefully forcing me to create a more organized blog. I did realize another issue after I was done, and that was making sure I didn’t lose much search engine traffic. I expected a drop off in traffic, but I didn’t want it to be a large drop off. So basically I added a few 301 redirects in my .htaccess file and added some code in the header.php file to make sure that the pages where able to flow from the old site to the new site without issue.
So for the most part it, I think I’m done. I have a few minor things to add but the heavy lifting is over.