Oh buddy, so before I get started I need to mention that this list includes built in applications and utilities that I found awesome. And that there are plenty of apps that I have downloaded along the way and use on a day to day basis that I will list at a later date.
- I’m beginning to use Spotlight quite often. It’s actually blazing fast, maybe it will slow down as my computer ages but for right now it’s my goto applications for finding files. Definitely beats Window’s search utilizing by a mile.
- I’ve been using a windows based pc for most of my career and when I needed to access my server securely I’ve alway done it via Putty. Putty’s a cool little utility and it’s one of the first tools I download when I’m on a Win PC. But now I just fire up the terminal.
- In the past my Linksys router would always need power cycling, it was such a pain in the butt. I don’t know why maybe because it was just an old router. When I got my Mac But I did go out and get a new Linksys router but the set up process was horrible, basically too many hoops to get thing running. I bought a Airport Extreme and had the WiFi up in running in less than 5 minutes. I know this sounds cliche but everything just worked.
- This and mission control along with gestures I use a lot when i’m actually using the laptop’s monitor. For most of the time I’m tethered to a external monitor is it very seldom I use these two. But they do make navigating between applications and desktops incredibly swift.
- Keychain Access
- I recently installed Windows 7 on a old laptop of mine and could not remember the WI-Fi password. Having Keychain access made life so much easier. In the past I would have to access my Linksys router’s control panel which wouldn’t be that bad but it would always take me a few tries before I could never remember that password.
Applications I have not used yet but looking forward to using.
- Time Machine
- Airdrop, not really sure what this is yet?
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.